Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Forget heart attacks, what about /cart/ attacks? O.o

Before I explain the title of this post, I have two, no three, facts for you:

1) My computer swears at me when I turn it on. It says 'fsck'.
2) My CD player explicitly states 'no' when I try to play a CD.
3) I'm not crazy.

Now that we have that settled, on to the horrific story. :P

Just last night, both my brother, mom, and myself were sitting in our van, in the Wal-Mart parking lot, eating ice cream. Pretty normal, no?

A shopping cart, sitting at the top of a slope, proceeds to roll down, accelerates, then smashes into someone's van, putting a dent in it. Not something you see every day, but still pretty normal.

This is where it gets weird. Said cart turns, and proceeds - with no slope - into the area where shopping carts are stored. O.o

Now if you think that's creepy, read on:

Another cart, at the top of the slope in front of us, comes speeding down. And it's headed directly for the front of our van. Yayz.

So my mom freaks out. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. But mind you, this was no laughing matter - we were being attacked by killer shopping carts! O_O

Thankfully my mom regained enough of her composure to back up, and dodge the thing. Just as she turned the van around, however, it turned, too. Hmm. Kinda freaky, don'cha think? O.o

Of course, like all things do when they go down a slope with something large at the end, it crashed at the edge of the lot.


*breaths a sigh of relief* Ahh, glad that's over. Now, how about shutting off this van and going in to sho -

Err, nvm, another cart just crashed into us. Or is it the same one. Hmm.

So yeah, we remove this one that just hit us head-on, and head into the store. When we come out, we overhear these two guys having a conversation regarding a dent in a car:

"Dude, what happened to ur car?"
"I got rear-ended!"

Okay, so that's not exactly how it went, but you get the general idea.

So heads up, folks: While you go about your Christmas shopping, be wary of evil shopping carts!

1 comment:

Kaboodleschmitt said...

Christmas shopping already...? O_O Mine's always done in November :P